Friday 4 July 2014

"They Were Not My WORDS" - Genevieve Nnaji Denies Insulting Nollywood








Genevieve has finally reacted to an interview she supposedly granted Punch in which she called Nollywood Bland and mediocre.The statement attracted heavy criticism from industry players..Reacting on her instagram page, the screen goddess said....

    "I never called my industry bland and mediocre. Truth or not, they were NOT MY WORDS. As a person/writer, you can "assume" what you like about my thought process but DO not project those thoughts as "quotes" by me. It's distasteful, insensitive and quite unprofessional. It's insulting to those limited few working hard to make a difference in the industry. I am a product of Nollywood and my loyalty remains unshaken."



Incase you missed the  interview,when asked why she hadn't been in movies recently,she reportedly said:

    “I guess I haven’t found the right script yet. Creativity and depth are the qualities that I look out for in a script. In the beginning, the movie industry emphasised quantity but things are changing and there is an improvement in trend. I am among the people who advocate for the improvement of the industry. So said, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part in. I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. Having practiced my art in international & professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterized Nollywood in the past.”





Well said Genevieve,this is more like you!




Keep the conversation going, please drop a comment

Be Sociable, Please share

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers