Friday 10 October 2014

Actor Van Vicker Denies Contracting Ebola In Liberia







Ghanaian actor, Van Vicker has discredited reports that he has been diagnosed with the deadly Ebola Virus Disease. Van said that he was supposed to go to Liberia to shoot a film but cancelled the trip a month ago when he heard of the out break of Ebola in the country


An entertainment online platform reported Tuesday that the actor contracted the virus while he was out in Monrovia, Liberia's capital shooting the sequel to the movie ‘Bendu Sudan’.

Other reports on social media also suggested that Vicker has been quarantined and denied access back to Ghana. But speaking on the Starr Drive, the 'Hands of Time' actor said the reports are disheartening.


“It's annoying. I checked the website and just couldn’t believe my eyes. Why would someone just sit somewhere and just write what they want. Is there nobody that regulates the activities of these websites?” he asked. “I don’t get the story. It’s just not right!”

According to him, he cancelled the Liberia trip last month when he heard the news of the outbreak.

“I read the story, my intention was to go to Liberia to shoot...but I didn’t go”

Vicker who is also of Liberian lineage revealed on the show that he is working with the UN response team based in Ghana to help the situation in his home country.

“My heart does go out to all Liberians and I want them to know I have not abandoned them. I am doing all I can to help them in this time of crisis.”

More than 3,400 people have died in the current Ebola outbreak in West Africa mostly.

In Liberia, the death toll is at least 1,100.














Keep the conversation going, please drop a comment.

 Be Sociable, Please share

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers