Tuesday 24 June 2014

How Woman Stopped A Robber From Rapping Her In Lagos




 A 19-year-old teenager,  Abdulazeez Adam has been arrested by the Police in Lagos State for  allegedly breaking into a woman’s house and attempting to rape her. 19-year-old Abdulazeez  is said to have stolen some valuables from the married woman  identified as Mrs. Nkechi Onuoha in the Ejigbo area of the state.

After collecting valuables from the woman, Adam then decided to rape her but the woman told him that she is under a curse placed on her by her husband who took her to a shrine where the curse was placed on her that any man who slept with her would die.

   

Angered by the revelation, Abdulazeez   was said to have brought out a knife and slit her neck since he couldn't have her, leaving her for dead...


The police, however, arrived at the scene of the incident on time and took the victim to  hospital for treatment. It was learnt that Adam made away with 3 ATM cards, Nokia Lumia, Samsung Note and Samsung Galaxy Tab phones all valued N145,000, a wrist watch and cash sum of N174,000.

In a statement made available to the court, Onuoha said, “In the early hours of that day, around 2am, I heard a sound on my locked sitting room door. I woke up and saw him. He said I should cooperate with him that he had little time to spend in my flat.

“He then brought out a pack of condom and said the first thing he wanted to do was to have s3x with me. I told him that I was in my monthly period and that my husband took me to a priest, and that if I have s3x with any man, that I and the man will die instantly.

“He then said I should write a cheque for him. I said I did not have any cheque book. I told him I use my ATM card to withdraw money. He asked me to give him my ATM cards from UBA, GTB, and First Bank. He also collected my phones and money.”

She explained that the suspect asked her at several intervals if she knew him, which she denied.

She said after he was done, he asked her: “Do you know that all the things I collected are earthly things? Then he said he was sorry he had to do his job, then he descended on me, cut my left leg, overpowered me and cut my neck.”

Adam was later arrested by the police who arraigned him before an Ebute Meta Magistrate Court on 3 counts of robbery and attempted murder.

The remand form attached to the charge sheet, however, indicated that the suspect, who was arrested in Osogbo, Osun State, did not confess to the crime and was not found in custody of any offensive weapons.

The police, in the form, said they would be relying on accounts of either an eyewitness or the victim, adding that there was no need for further investigation.

The Chief Magistrate, Tunbosun Abolarinwa, ordered that Adam should be remanded in custody. The matter was adjourned till July 25, 2014.

*Just curious, how was he identified, why does the Police not need further investigation, he did not confess and they did not  find anything on him. Like I said #justcurious*





Be Sociable, Please share

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers