Sunday 6 April 2014

A Woman I Trusted Stole And Sold My Baby For N600,000 - Victim





The Imo State Police Command through its Anti-kidnapping Squad has arrested a 50-year old woman, Anne Soronnade who allegedly bought a day-old baby boy for N600,000.The original mother of the baby gave birth in a woman called Madam Nnena's house who asked to bring 30,000 to cover the expenses of taking care of her during pregnancy.

She left her baby to go and look for the money and when she came back,her baby had been sold for 600,000 naira ..Here is what the mother told "The Sun"
"I was impregnated by my boyfriend and my parents chased me out. I informed my boyfriend about the pregnancy and he told me to go for abortion. It was during this confusion that I met Madam Nnenna who promised to assist me.


I stayed in her house throughout the period I was pregnant and I was delivered of a baby boy at Umuaka in Njaba. Madam Nnenna later told me that I would pay her N30,000 for taking care of me and for ante-natal. So, I ran back to my parents to collect some money but before I came back, she had run away with my baby.
I later reported the case to the Imo Security Network and Chief Nwanna assisted us to recover the baby from the suspect. He however handed over my child back to her. I later reported the case to the police and the suspect was arrested.”
The 50 year old who bought the boy said...
“ I am happily married . I have six girls but I was looking for a boy. I have visited all the motherless baby homes if I could adopt a baby boy but they all turned down my applications.My first daughter is 25 years old while my last child is 18 years old. I was desperate to have a baby boy. My husband never quarreled with me because I didn’t give him a male child but I needed a baby boy.It is true that I had to pay an advance payment of N200,000 to Madam Martina Obioha who claimed to have a maternity home to get me a baby boy when it was available.She sold the child to me in February 2013 after paying the balance. I took the baby home and my husband didn’t complain. I breastfed the baby. I named him Chukwudim. It was one year later that the policemen from Anti-Kidnapping Squad came and arrested me in my house. It is only God that can deliver me from this mess,” she said amid tears.
The commissioner revealed further that another suspect, one Chief Emmanuel Nwanna was also involved because the report of the missing boy was brought to him at Ihiona Orlu as a co-ordinator of Imo Security Network but he allegedly connived with some other persons and returned the child to Soronnade instead of the complainant.
We arrested one Chief Emmanuel Nnamani, a co-coordinator of Imo Security Network who was involved in the child trafficking.Also the investigation revealed that Chief Nwanna collected N300,000 from the suspect, Madam Soronnade before returning the baby to her”, he said, adding that instead of reporting the case to the police, Chief Emmanuel Nwanna decided to hand over the baby boy to the suspect until the police swung into action and arrested the suspect, Anne Soronnade.


SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers