Tuesday 8 April 2014

OSCAR PISTORIUS TELLS HIS SIDE OF THE STORY, HOW HE KILLED REEVA




Oscar Pistorius, started off by apologising  to Reeva's family, then he went into a detailed account of what happened .He said he heard a noise from the bathroom which sounded like the window was being opened. So he told Reeva who he thought was asleep to take cover while he picked up his gun. Read more of what he said as quoted  below:

'I got to the entrance of the bathroom at the end of the passage where I stopped screaming. At this point I was certain that the intruders were in the bathroom.
I had my pistol in my right hand and peered into the bathroom.I didn't have much mobility on the tiles. I had my pistol raised to the corner of the entrance of the bathroom.


'I noticed that the bathroom window was open. I was with my back against the wall.I wasn't sure if the intruders were in the toilet or around the corner at that point.Then I heard a noise from inside the toilet that I perceived to be someone coming out of the toilet.Before I knew it I had fired four shots at the door.
'My ears were still ringing - I couldn't hear anything - so I kept shouting for Reeva to phone the police. I was still too scared to retreat because I wasn't sure if there was somebody on the ladder or someone in the toilet.'I didn't want to believe it could be Reeva inside the toilet. I didn't know what to do. I kicked the door. I was crying out, I was screaming. I have never screamed like that.'
When she did not respond Pistorius said he realised he may have made a terrible mistake and rushed back to the bathroom to break down the door.
After hitting the door, he saw the key inside, unlocked the door and 'flung it open'.There, he found her fatally injured.
'I said "Oh, Reeva". I sat over her and cried,' the athlete testified sobbing loudly and putting his head in his hands and before letting out the barely inaudible cry: 'she wasn't breathing'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers