Thursday 13 March 2014

President Jonathan's Cousin Narrates his ordeal in the hands of Kidnappers




President Goodluck Jonathan's cousin, the 70-year-old Inengite Nitabai, who was released just hours ago, narrated his ordeal in the hands of kidnappers to journalists in Bayelsa. 

The elderly man characterized his experience as "traumatic", stressing he was severely beaten with a gun butt and kicked on the floor by his abductors.
According to the victim, when abducted on February 23, he was tied, blind folded and tortured so that Jonathan and other family members paid the demanded ransom.
Nitabai, abandoned by gunmen at Ogboma, off Odioma in Brass Local Government Area of Bayelsa and later found by the police said:


"I thank God for keeping me alive. I was made to sleep on the bare floor and fed with garri and red oil for three weeks in the bush. I was tortured and beaten with guns and kicked. When I was young, there was no such thing as kidnapping; I don’t know why it must be me."
Bayelsa State Police Commissioner, Hilary Opara, commended the professionalism of the police and 
thanked the victim's family for cooperating with the military, noting that those guilty will be arrested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers