Showing posts with label UN. Show all posts
Showing posts with label UN. Show all posts

Thursday, 11 September 2014

Reuben Abati Lied: President Jonathan Did Lead 600-Man Delegation To 2013 UN General Assembly, Foreign Minister Confesses







 Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Bashir Wali, has confirmed that President Goodluck Jonathan did lead a massive 600-man delegation to the United Nations General Assembly last year, as reported at that time by SaharaReporters
It was the world’s largest, he also confirmed.  He described the size of Nigeria’s delegations to the General Assembly every year as “embarrassing.”

Mr. Wali, a former Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the United Nations, made the startling disclosures yesterday in Abuja while addressing heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). In the Minister’s words, 80% of the people in the delegation have no business being on them, and do not add any value.

SaharaReporters broke the story on September 22, 2013, disclosing that the delegation included an inner circle of about 26 people.  It was bloated by about 547 civil servants drawn from the MDAs, who overran some of New York City’s priciest hotels.


Sunday, 13 July 2014

Army Generals Pocketed N6bn Peacekeepers Money – Petition








A powerful but anonymous petition written by concerned Nigerian soldiers who claim that the Nigerian Army owes its officials who have served in various United Nations peacekeeping operations over $43 million has been obtained by Sahara Reporters from insider.

The document also carpets the United Nations, which it alleges may have collaborated with cheating Nigerian army chiefs to divert the allowances of the peacekeepers into their own pockets.

    “It is on record and verifiable that over 3,950 troops who participated in Peace Support Operations in Liberia and Sudan between 2013 to 2014 are still been [owed] various months of allowances amounting to over $43.23m US Dollars which is equivalent to N6,919,168,000:00 Billion Nigerian Naira to date,” the petition said.


Wednesday, 26 February 2014

BOKO HARAM: ATTACKS FORCE FLEEING NIGERIANS TO LIVE UNDER TREES IN NIGER




Boko Haram attacks on their villages in the North-East has forced thousands of people, especially women and children, to flee the villages for neibghouring Niger republic where they are not finding any comfort.

Although the Nigerien government has granted them refugee status, they live rough under trees and shelter in cardboard boxes, lined up along dusty roads.

Some United Nations workers said on Tuesday that the construction of formal camps for them had been banned by the Nigerien authorities in order to curtail further the influx of “refugees” or even bring fighters over their border communities with Nigeria.

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers